Tuesday 19 February 2013

Mothers Day Gift Guide 2013!


Beautysets - Mothers day gift guide
Now Mothers day is coming up and I was thinking about my mothers presents and I thought why not make a gift guide! I put a lot of thought into this gift guide so I really hope you enjoy!

Let's start off with the 'present' gifts! Sometimes your mum makes you feel super amazing during the year and treats you like a princess, is always there for you and never lets you down! You think 'how can i repay her?' The answer to me was a present, something that required love and thought and here's what I came up with!

 Start off with Lush! My mum is obsessed with the sex bomb bath bomb but when we moved house it only had a shower which literally crushed her heart because of this bath bomb so I looked up the ingredients and found similar products from lush such as the flying fox shower gel and the tender is the night massage bar! By buying smaller sizes like the 100 and 30 grams she can try them and see if she likes them; her birthday is in April so if she does I can get her the full size! While on the site I also found some cute mothers day things that mums would like such as the washing up fairy and the mum! I love lush (if your mum has certain allergies or skin problems, pop into the store and check if they're okay for her or even if they have something to help the skin problem)! 

Then I saw Anna Saccone-Joly show a biscuit mug from Urban Outfitters, it was super cute! It has a really adorable biscuit pocket and it seems like something my mum would love so that went on the list of possible gifts! Then I also know a lot of people love candles (me included, but ask her first!) so get her her favorite candle. My mums is midnight jasmine or a mothers day gift set like the one in the bottom right! 

You could down the pajama route, my mums favorite is t-shirt nighties and fluffy socks, but cotton/flannel pajamas are perfect too! Or a gift card! Ikea, sainsburys or boots! (for that anti-wrinkle cream she won't admit to you she wants!) Too help out with furniture or food!

Then there's the little gifts that mean just as much but won't break the bank! Such as a card ,a cake mix (as long as you bake it!) or a meal at the pub! Because your mum is your mum and she wont want candles or lush products she'll just want you!

Last and not least there's the free gifts! The hugs, the constant reminder that she's amazing and waking up early to make her tea and breakfast in bed!

Then there's the dads that for whatever reason take up both roles, get them a mothers day card and write something like 'To the dad that is as much my mum as my father, happy mothers day!' I'm sure it'll touch his heart, though he'll pretend to be offended that you called him a woman!

Hope you enjoyed and that this post was useful to you!
If you're child, make sure your mum feels special!
If you're a mum, put your feet up!
If you're without a mum this mothers day, remember the family you do have!
(as weird as this will sound; all my lovely readers can count me! )

Have a wonderful mothers day!
Hollie
x

13 comments:

  1. my mum love yankee candles :) great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gift ideas, I'm always rubbish at buying presents!
    I have a giveaway going and would love if you could enter :) x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really useful! I haven't even thought about mothers day yet!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I normally wait until the day before but 2013 is my year to get organized lol! x

      Delete
  4. I'd forgotten this already. Thanks for the reminder!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This such a lovely post, really useful :)
    Great blog too, will like it now x

    gracierosee.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo thank you for this, totally reminded me

    www.candyliquor.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion & Style Blog
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete